Comfort in Mourning

By   •   June 18   •   Topics:

woman mourning

The Bible teaches unmistakably that we can triumph over bereavement. The Psalmist said, “Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.” Self-pity can bring no enduring comfort. The fact is, it will only add to your misery. And unremitting grief will give you little consolation in itself, for grief begets grief. Sorrow, or mourning, when it is borne in a Christian way, contains a built-in comfort. “Happy are they that mourn; for they shall be comforted.” There is comfort in mourning, because we know that Christ is with us. He has said, “Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” Suffering is endurable if we do not have to bear it alone; and the more compassionate the Presence, the less acute the pain.

Thank You, loving heavenly Father, for the promise that when we mourn You will comfort us. I have felt the healing of Your consolation in the past and know You will never fail me.

1. Joyce Paul says:

What comfort to know that God is at work in our lives through the convictind work of the Holy Spirit! With God’s help n guidance, we can continue on a path that is pleasing to Him. Praise Lord!!! Amen.

2. Sharon Petersen says:

I lost my dear, precious husband two months ago. I loved this man with all my heart. He came into my life at a time I was so wounded and God used him to help me recover. We had incredible love; we served God wholeheartedly. I look up into the sky at night wondering where he is and what he is doing. I want to be with him. I am a strong person, but I miss him so much. I know God has a plan for me, but it hurts so much.

1. Karen says:

Sharon I feel your pain. i lost my husband years ago and my father. The pain is there . But we can rejoice we can see.them. I can’t wait

2. Mary Purvis says:

God will never forsake you in your grief. Cry out to Him, speak from your heart, even to the anger and unfairness of death. He has big shoulders and understands ever emotion, every thought is clear to Him and He will heal your wounded soul. Embrace His resurrection and let Him give you a vision of your husband worshiping at His thrown. You are not alone, you are closer to God in your sorrow that you could ever know.

3. Shirley Black says:

Enjoy reading and so much to learn.. Amen

4. Chris says:

Thanks for the encouragement. Peace of Christ

5. Karen says:

Great daily devotion

6. David Martin says:

Feeling blessed

7. Gerry says:

Whether your pain is spiritual, emotional or physical, seek God in prayer and ask for his Divine help.

8. Therese Rosanna Peiris Arnold says:

Thank you Dear Pastor for the Word you have shared today ……….May God bless you with longer life as you serve Him in the twilight of your life………..still steady strong…………courages…………… bold………….as He has renewed your youth like an eagles…………….according to His Word………. you will neither faint nor be weary, as He has renewed your youth like and eagles…………..My dad who is 90+ is so glad that I am a partner of your Ministry… May the Lord bless your Ministry and bless your Benevolent Son, to whom you have passed on your mantle to.