Chosen by God

By   •   February 13   •   Topics:

woman with Bible

Modern writers depict the pessimism of our time and many of them throw up their hands in despair and say, “There is no answer to man’s dilemma.” Hemingway once said, “I live in a vacuum that is as lonely as a radio tube when the batteries are dead, and there is no current to plug into.” Eugene O’Neill in “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” typifies the philosophical attitude of our day. He says, “Life’s only meaning is death.” I say to Hemingway and to O’Neill, who have already gone on, “There is more to life than death.” There is more to life than a radio tube that needs a place to plug into. Jesus taught us the dignity and importance of being a person. God put us on this earth for a purpose, and our purpose is fellowship with God and to glorify God.

Loving Father, Your love for me transcends the hopelessness of this life and gives me the purpose I so desperately need.

1. Ronald Townsend says:

Thank you , you are a comfort and a inspiration Billy Graham

2. Barbara says:

Forgive me of my all my sins past and future

3. Bob DeGraw says:

May these be words of encouragement to a society who is focused on the self. Remember we are the body of Christ and we are here that God may be glorified, not the self. We can never satisfy ourself, only Jesus, only Jesus can fill us up and keep us satisfied. Praise be to God

4. Joe says:

Hallelujah. Praise be to God.

5. Harry Guynup says:

Thank You Mr. Graham for your many years of service to Christ. It was at one of your specials I was first saved, and it was at the Tampa Crusade where after many years of wandering as a Prodigal that God used you to once again draw me close to Him, where I know walk today, by God’s Grace, Faithfully. May God continue to Bless Your Life Sir, looking forward to meeting you one day when we are walking the streets of Heaven and Glorifying Christ! In His Precious Name, your Brother in Christ, Harry

6. Gerry says:

The true happiness we find only when we enter a relationship with God , is not coincidental. It was planned from the beginning. Happy is the person that discovers this early.

7. WILLIAM DEWIT says:

TAHNK YOU LORD. FORGIVE ME OF MY SINS. I ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS MY SAVIOR. GOD I LOVE YOU, JESUS, AND THE HOLY GHOST. HALLUJAH, AMEN

8. Beverly says:

This was exactly what i really needed to read this morning! Thank You Rev Billy Graham!!

9. Tommy G says:

Thank you Jesus for loving me, although I fall short of your glory I depend on you everyday.

10. Pastor Valerie Delooze says:

I love this site. I am English and serve here in P A asPastir of two United Methodist Churches.
    In the 1950’s probably about 1954. I was at Billy Graham’s meeting in London. I accepted Christ that night. I was about aged 13 or 14. I praise The Lord for Billy Graham every day of my life. Pastor Valerie