Be Truthful

By   •   March 2

people at computers

The Bible teaches that purity of conduct includes truthfulness. The Bible teaches that we should be truthful in our representation of ourselves. With what scorn Christ denounced the hypocrisy of the scribes and Pharisees! In the Sermon on the Mount He rebuked all hypocritical giving, praying, and fasting. We should also be truthful in speaking of our past achievements in our particular vocation. God does not ask us to understate the facts-that might even be untruthfulness-but neither does He want us to overrate our achievements or our gifts, either in thought or in speech. A lie is anything contrary to the naked truth.

It is so easy, Lord, to embellish the truth. Give me Your wisdom to be completely honest in every phase of my life.

1. murwanashyaka Billy says:

I’m so happy my father really loves you Billy Graham. That is why he gave me this other name Billy. I wish to be honest, thanks for this devotional.

2. Laura Speer says:

A lie is a lie regardless how big or small it is and GOD says do not lie!

3. Sam K says:

Lord Jesus, please send your Spirit to help me in my daily moments of weakness. I want more of you in my life, and for my life to be about you – not me. This is so hard, when I have to be concerned about my job, my family, and all the things of this world that distract. Lord, please reveal yourself to me everyday, let me be a blessing to other people every day. I love you Jesus, and I want to serve you fully, but I fail so often. Help me Lord.

1. usapajgy says:

Sam, your prayer is as if from my heart. I could not have said it better. It is also my wish!

2. Lisa says:

Mine too Sam!!! Thank you!!!

3. Eric says:

4. Des says:

Jesus said, He would send the Holy Spirit” and He did. He is with us all the time. Secondly, we can not get more of God, but rather we need to be willing to give more of ourself.

5. Des says:

Jesus said, He would send the Holy Spirit and He did. He is with us all the time. Secondly, we can not get more of God, He has given His all, but rather we need to be willing to give more of ourself.

6. Lisa says:

I feel the same way. Sometimes life gets a little messy and loud, which makes it hard to keep your focus on Jesus, but I love Jesus and pray that he will take complete control of my life so that I may serve him and be a blessing to everybody I meet.

7. Karen C. says:

Sam, thank you for posting your prayer.

8. becky says:

I agree with the person who replied first. As I was reading your prayer…with each sentence…I became excited and hopeful…because it was almost completely the prayer that I have been praying… Straight from my heart. God is good…all the time. I thank you so much for sharing… From one of your sisters in Christ.

9. Dennis Obi says:

I claim that prayer

10. Sam K says:

Thank you everyone who replied to my post yesterday. I am overwhelmed – your words are a blessing to me. God speaks through the words and actions of others in our lives. He hears us and answers us every day, if we just listen. I am learning to live in each moment and thank Him for everything in my life, all the answers He gives, all the communication that comes unexpectedly. It truly helps me find that peace that surpasses all human understanding. Love you all.

4. Joyce Paul says:

The price of our freedom from sin was paid by JESUS’ BLOOD!!! God Bless Dr Graham, Franklin Graham, Will Graham n Bgea! AMEN.

5. henry says:

Oh God help me to do away with untruthful life. let me speak the truth all the time in my life. Amen

6. Barbara Cummings says:

Help me Lord, as I strive to honest and truthful in your sight

7. Stephen Gyamfi says:

Please lord I need u help me to be truthful

8. Joyce Paul says:

God is Great! it is enough for us. GLORY to HIS NAME! amen.

9. Marvilyn Hicks says:

Our actions shows who we are in Jesus Christ in our lives. Action carry out our thoughts. So it is so important to walk the talk. God bless us all.