Be Truthful

By   •   March 2

people at computers

The Bible teaches that purity of conduct includes truthfulness. The Bible teaches that we should be truthful in our representation of ourselves. With what scorn Christ denounced the hypocrisy of the scribes and Pharisees! In the Sermon on the Mount He rebuked all hypocritical giving, praying, and fasting. We should also be truthful in speaking of our past achievements in our particular vocation. God does not ask us to understate the facts-that might even be untruthfulness-but neither does He want us to overrate our achievements or our gifts, either in thought or in speech. A lie is anything contrary to the naked truth.

It is so easy, Lord, to embellish the truth. Give me Your wisdom to be completely honest in every phase of my life.

1. Eric Melin says:

Dear Billy Graham and Staff, I heard you on the Christian Radio 99.5 fm, the word. 3-2-14 12:30pm
    You have given us the truth all my live, and God has blessed you for it, and your family too!
    Thanks Eric and Rose Melin, Mililani, Hawaii . Aloha and God Bless you! All!

2. Donna L. Miller says:

This is so important…sometimes a real challenge, because things get “embedded” and you have to peel off layers to get to the truth.

3. Osuji Raymond says:

truth is a tranquilizer

4. Linda Zolecki says:

I have a hard time praying and saying the right words to god

5. Joy says:

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved.””May God bless us everyone. Amen””The Way of the Cross Leads Home. Amen” thankyou.

6. GILMAR says:

To God be the glory and mightyª This is why we must read the Holy Word everyday and pray for all our leaders at all times. And tell them they are mistaken when they are taking us off the Way.

7. Margareta Cronholm says:

Thank you for your new site, I like it very much. To be truthful in everything is my desire and I love Jesus truthfulness I want so to be like Him. Lord, Lord in the midst of persecution I rest in your peace.

8. Gerry says:

It is much easier to remember the truth , than it is to try and recall the details of a past lie.

9. david says:

Am blessed

10. yao /ghana says:

The truth is a spiritual weapon that every commited x’tian must hold firmly against every imagination the enemy/satan might choose to make us fall. Lord, pls help us remain in the path of ur direction!