Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

A Thousand Anxieties

By   •   December 5   •   Topics:

field of harvest

Man has always been beset by worry, and the pressures of modern life have aggravated the problem. To men of all time Jesus said, “Take therefore no thought for the morrow . . . but seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33-34). Many of you are filled with a thousand anxieties. Bring them to Jesus Christ by faith. He will bring peace to your soul and your mind.

Knowing You hear me, Lord, as I talk with You brings me peace in the midst of any storm.

1. Karen says:

Thank you for your faithful long ministry. I pray today for all those discouraged. May the joy of the Lord be their strength. He will never leave us nor forsake us.

2. Gary says:

I appreciate these devotions. Since I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, these help me a lot. God bless you Billy and your ministry.

3. joy says:

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world but that the world thru him might be saved.” “God is saving the whole earth especially those who believe.”

4. jen says:

Lord, fill me with the grace I need to receive and extend to others amidst everything that needs to be done at work and at home. You are the provider and you know the anxieties I carry. Forgive me for not trusting you and constantly complaining. I need you. Phil 4:6 – be anxious for nothing but in everything with prayer and petition with thanksgiving in your hearts, submit your requests to God. And the peace of God that transcends all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. That is my prayer for today. In Jesus name. Amen.

5. Ann says:

Thank you Lord for guiding me and my family.

6. Gerry says:

When something unforseen occurs in life it is normal for anyone to be shocked and concerned. However our next response as believers should be to quickly hand it over to God in prayer. He wants to help, no matter what it is and is hoping you will ask.

1. John Frost says:

This comment gives me comfort. I was fired from a job on this day, the first time I was ever fired from a job. I have handed it to God, and believe it is his way of leading me down another path, a better path to a better place. I have prayed a long time to get out of that job, I did not think it would happen like that, but I believe it was God’s plan for me, and I trust he will guide me to a better place.

7. Joe says:

Thank you for hearing me dear Lord.

8. Bob Frost -- in El Paso, Texas says:

Thank you for posting the daily devotions.
    A wonderful way to start the day.

9. D.S.Rajsekhar,Triplicane,Chennai. says:

He will give the desire of our heart when our desire falls in line with His will as otherwise desire is tantamount to lust. Many of us are worrying about needless anxieties when we should be thankful for things we take for granted & stop complaining..God is not a bell-hop to do our bidding nor even an unapproachable Emperor in a fortress that He could be accessed only through a priest.He is looking for an intimate relationship with us & has made the first move and condescended to come down to earth,throwing open the Throne room of Grace.
    No god,man or religion professes such an unconditional love that merits only an unconditional surrender to His will.