The Influence of a Mother

By   •   May 8

mom with two kids

Only God Himself fully appreciates the influence of a Christian mother in the molding of character in her children. Someone has said, “Like mother, like children.” Most of the noble characters and fine leaders of history have had good, God-fearing mothers. We are told that George Washington’s mother was pious, and that Sir Walter Scott’s mother was a lover of poetry and music. On the other hand, we are told that Nero’s mother was a murderess and that the dissolute Lord Byron’s mother was a proud and violent woman. The influence of a mother upon the lives of her children cannot be measured. They know and absorb her example and attitudes when it comes to questions of honesty, temperance, kindness, and industry.

Thank You, Lord, for mothers who love You. Their influence is felt around the world.

1. Kathlyn says:

God knows, its the Mothers that shape and mold you from the time of inception to the time of her “letting go.” Kudos to all Godly Mothers! I love what Gerry said at the end of her comment.

2. AnMarie Ramos says:

This morning I got up to go to work (4:45am) as I was loading my car my mommy was in the kitchen, unknown to she was preparing me a lunch! My mommy is 82 years old!
    I kissed my mommy on the cheek told her I loved her and thanked her for my lunch. I love my mommy..

3. Gerry says:

Thank you Lord for a God fearing Mother. May you continue to bless her all the days of her life.

4. luhubi godfrey says:

it is great miracle and glory God

5. Joshua C.Abel says:

For sure the scripture says,”the seed of d righteous shall be strong and mighty upon d earth.psalms 112

6. Regina Juma says:

I am so encouraged. Sometimes I really struggle with whether God sees my efforts in trying to maintain sanity at home.

7. Joy says:

8. Gerry says:

If you were fortunate enough to have a God fearing ,Christian mother , follow her lead. If you were as fortunate and had a non-Christian/worldly mother……..follow God’s lead. Set a Godly example for your children.